Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shayraber
Creator
Creator

Doc with Section Access doesn't reload via server

hi all,

i have a document with section access based on NTNAME (not user and password)

based on the above a key field is being reduced to a certain value, or not if you are admin ('*')

the document won't reload and i learned there is a need to check the 'Section Access' checkbox as seen below.

what i don't know is:

1. what should i enter as user name and password? user name is for the QVS user ("Log on as"), right?

2. but what about the password? which password?

3. what about the section access? does this user also has to be part of the section access code?

4. does all of this is a MUST?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are using NTNAME (as outlined in your original posting), then you don't need to add a name and password into QMC. You need to include the server service account (the account under which publisher/QV server runs) in the section access list for the document.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you are using server reloads you need to have the service account that QVS is running in Section Access as an ADMIN.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks Anil for the quick reply

i understood and as I meant, ADMIN is the user that log on as the QVS service.

BUT

1. what should be entered as password?

2. does ADMIN should be part of the section access code?

(assume that there are 10 users, hence 10 lines at the section access, 3 are managers which can view ALL Department field so they have '*' and the 7 other users are employees which allowed only for their Department so they have their value at the section access)

-> should i add another line to the section access for the 'user' ADMIN?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I would suggest to write it in the hidden script and at the reload Task you've to enable the Section Access and provide the User Name and  Password.

And then try to use the Admin Password from your Section Access

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

hi again Anil, you wrote

"and at the reload Task you've to enable the Section Access and provide the User Name and  Password"

but which password? does ADMIN becomes a user of the document, and hence, needs his own line at the section access?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you please confirm me, What do you want to achieve.

How is your Section access looking?

shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

i have a document with section access.

i want to schdule its reload process via QMC task

on the machine i have user called Qlikviewadmin which logged on as the user for the QVS service (execute the tasks).

my question are:

1. what should i write in the password textbox at the reload tab (QMC)?

2. should I add another line to the section access code? see below the code i have (example)

LOAD * INLINE [

ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, NTNAME, COMPANY2

ADMIN, *, *, DOMAIN\Manager1, *

ADMIN, *, *, DOMAIN\Manager2, *

ADMIN, *, *, DOMAIN\Employee1, Dep1

ADMIN, *, *, DOMAIN\Employee2, Dep2

ADMIN, *, *, DOMAIN\Employee3, Dep3

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Shay raber,

If you are using server reloads you have to have the service account that QVS is running in Section Access as an ADMIN.

Incase if you dont know how to find service account refer the below screenshot.

Service Account.JPG

Refer this thread for screenshot and explanation Qlikview server won't load a document with Section Access

and refer Server reload problem with section access | Qlik Community

Regards,

Siva

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you are using NTNAME (as outlined in your original posting), then you don't need to add a name and password into QMC. You need to include the server service account (the account under which publisher/QV server runs) in the section access list for the document.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
shayraber
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks shankarece,

i know which user is running the QVS service.

what i don't know is if I have to check the 'section access' checkbox or not? and if so, what would be the password?

secondly, i don't know if i have to include that user in the section access script?