Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikzions
Creator
Creator

Dynamic Data Update Administrator Requirement

I have a need to allow users to update their issues with notes and a status.  I have created a way to use Dynamic Update to update the record.  I then save their addition out to a file for persistence in the data.  Works on my machine but a user must be an admin to use it on the server.

Why is it necessary for a user to be an admin to use this feature on the server?  Am I mistaken on this point?  There will be many different users and I don't care if they overwrite each others data.  Is this something that can be changed?  We really want to do this, but don't want everyone to be an admin... for obvious reasons.

Am I missing something?  Is there a work around?  Is there good reason for this?  Is there a switch I can flip to turn this off?  Is there a way to make an input field visible to all users, and persistent?  Any other ways people have figured out how to do this?  I am trying a partial reload approach at the moment.

Thanks

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @erikzions 

Dynamic Update by itself is restricted to be used by an Administrator account alone. For restrictions and pros and cons, see QlikView: Dynamic Update intended use and pros and cons.

This restriction cannot be lifted/switched off.

You may want to reach out to the larger community in the QlikView App Development forum to find a solution that fits your needs: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/bd-p/qlikview-app-development 

Alternatively, our Professional Services/Consulting Service could be engaged. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @erikzions 

Dynamic Update by itself is restricted to be used by an Administrator account alone. For restrictions and pros and cons, see QlikView: Dynamic Update intended use and pros and cons.

This restriction cannot be lifted/switched off.

You may want to reach out to the larger community in the QlikView App Development forum to find a solution that fits your needs: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/bd-p/qlikview-app-development 

Alternatively, our Professional Services/Consulting Service could be engaged. 

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
erikzions
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you for your update.  I will figure out a different way to manage this.