Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

External Authentication through LDAP String(Active Directory configured in different Domain and QV Server & Publisher on other domain)

Hi All,

Configuration:

1. Qlikview Server & Publisher 11.2. SR5 is at a Domain(using Server & Publisher both licenses).
  2. Active Directory is at different Domain.

Query:

1. Need to configure AD through LDAP string which is on a different domain,
  2. What will be the requirements for doing the External Authentication?
  3. What the LDAP String will contain(proper LDAP String format)?
  4. What the Username & Password will contain( need admin rights to the username or any username from AD with 'Read' access)?

Looking forward for the help to get it work.

Thanks & Regards

Apurva

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Well its been a while since I did this. But a note on point 4 of your query.

4. It depends on how the AD is configured. In some implementations, any user (or system user) has read-access to all users of the AD. In that case the User Name that you enter need not be an admin. But in some cases only the admin or superusers have the rights to browse through the AD. Here you would specifically need an AD admin user to browse through the AD and its Users.

So in a nutshell, you need to check with the client IT team how their AD is configured & how can you get the QDS to communicate through to the AD Users.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

To put it simple you will need a trust between the domains or build your own authentication page and pass the header information to QV.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

In my case, I need to use AD of the other domain. For doing this I have another question:

• Can we use LDAPS (instead of LDAP) in Qlikview??

Regards,

Apurva

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, it is supported. In the setup if no port is given it defaults to 636

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Is there any Documentation or a Procedure available to do LDAPS and LDAP configuration for a different domain's AD?

As I have below questions:

1. For doing AD Configuration through LDAPS (LDAP via SSL), what should be used Active Directory or Configurable LDAP?
  2. For doing AD Configuration through LDAP, what should be used Active Directory or Configurable LDAP? 
  3. Will Section Access be effected by using Configurable LDAP/Active Directory?
  4. Client is asking for LDAPS, Can we do this without using Configurable LDAP option?

If there is any document available please share the same.

Thanks

Apurva

rahulsud007
Creator
Creator

Hi Apurva,

I am facing the same issue in my project.

Active Directory is in different domain and the server installation is in different domain.

Did you find a solution for this.

Please let me know if you have a workaround for this. will be a great help.

Thanks,

Rahul.