In the GOVERNANCE DASHBOARD when I look at the numbers on the
QVW Overview tab.

Example:

Size (MB) 750
Sessions  226
Cardinality 49%

I'm I looking at the actual numbers on the server (live) or is this figured out
another way ?

Also when I see the number of Sessions or Size (MB) is these values live ?
or the running total or peak... (I'm sure I don't have 226 users connected
at the same time... so it must be total number of sessions but since when ?)
How about Size (MB) how do I interpret the 750 MB ?

Do I need to do anything to have the current values in the Dashboard
refreshed on the dashboard ?

I'm trying to get an idea of what these numbers are and how to interpret them.

Thanks

Eric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric.

Size is the size of the QVW that was scanned as part of the "Documents | List of Files Paths to Scan". 750 means the QVW is 750 MB. (Note that Windows Explorer might show a slightly different file size.)

Sessions: With no other selections made, Sessions denotes the total number of sessions opened for that document on server - for all the history of server Sessions.log files that were scanned.  View more time-specific session data for that app on the Sessions tab (of GovDB 1.1).

For other specific questions, you might consider doing a text search on the online Help documentation for the Dashboard, HERE (for GovDB 1.1).

Like any QVW app, the Governance Dashboard is not real-time but requires updating (reload) either manually or via Publisher.  Typical scenario is for a client to install and configure the Dashboard and then setup a doc task in Publisher to update the app daily (or more- or less-often as deemed useful).

Tyler

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Hi Eric.

Size is the size of the QVW that was scanned as part of the "Documents | List of Files Paths to Scan". 750 means the QVW is 750 MB. (Note that Windows Explorer might show a slightly different file size.)

Sessions: With no other selections made, Sessions denotes the total number of sessions opened for that document on server - for all the history of server Sessions.log files that were scanned.  View more time-specific session data for that app on the Sessions tab (of GovDB 1.1).

For other specific questions, you might consider doing a text search on the online Help documentation for the Dashboard, HERE (for GovDB 1.1).

Like any QVW app, the Governance Dashboard is not real-time but requires updating (reload) either manually or via Publisher.  Typical scenario is for a client to install and configure the Dashboard and then setup a doc task in Publisher to update the app daily (or more- or less-often as deemed useful).

Tyler

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tyler that answers my questions. A special thanks for the URL which I did not no existed.

Happy holidays and have a great 2014.

Eric