Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to access qvw files with automatic login through access point

Hi,

I have installed QVW files in Qlikview web server and able to access applications through qlikview access point(through web).

I have used section Access in the QVW file and it is working fine.

It is working as follows

1.Access point will prompt for user name and password to connect to qlikview webserver. Then user will provide the credentials and once it is authenticated then he can able to see the QVW files(applications) for which he has the access.

2. User tries to open the QVW file (section access enabled). it  will prompt for user name and password.Once it is provided it will show the data accordingly.

Here my question is when user enters accesspoint (url path), server should not ask user credential to connect to qlikview webserver. It should be shown the applications directly. When user tries to open application then only it should promprt user name & password.

Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

naga srinivas

11 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See here: Single Sign On

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

You can change the setting on the browser also. Go to Internet options>Security>Custom level>Automatic logon with current user name and password. Add the webpage to the trusted sites.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

if using windows authentication

You can set up your browser to automatic logon using your credentials in Internet explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Security tab, Local Internet sites, Custom Level button, check Automatic Logon with current username and password

And for your section access protected documents, use NTNAME in  DOMAIN\USERNAME form without password: the authentication will take place against the Active Directory.

In this way, the user logon should be automatic, no request of username and password for access point, no request for section access (this is the way it usually works on my servers)

Not applicable
Author

when a user connects to AccessPoint and is not authenticated, AccessPoint prompts for the Windows username and password. This is standard behaviour.

In my case, no windows credentials created for my user to connect to server where qlikview server installed.

I have maintained section access. So that to open the application, it will ask user to enter user id & password. This is no problem.

I want to see the applications through access point without prompting for user credentials.

How to disable this behaviour ?

Not applicable
Author

when a user connects to AccessPoint and is not authenticated, AccessPoint prompts for the Windows username and password. This is standard behaviour.

In my case, no windows credentials created for my users to connect to server where qlikview server installed.

I have maintained section access to protect documents with user credentials. So that to open the application, it will ask user to enter user id & password. This is no problem.

I want to see the applications through access point without prompting for user credentials.

Is it possible to do in this way?

Not applicable
Author

you can set authorization in QMC just change in QMC

QMC >> Sysytem >> Steup >> Qlikview Servers >> Security

here change the authorization DMS Authorization (Qlikview control file Access)

maxgro
MVP
MVP

AFAIK the user must be authenticated to connect to Access Point

if you want to bypass it perhaps this can help you 

Re: Tip: Quick and dirty method to allow anonymous access to apps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

I tried with by changing the setup with Anonymous. Now I am able to bypass the user authentication but qvw files are not showing in access point.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

authorization on file system (if using NTFS)?

see Bill Britt doc at the same link I posted