Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III

How to find the users who are inactive in last 3 months

Hi All,

We have 500 users with named CALS. I am trying to find the list of users who have not used their license in last 3 months, so that we can remove their access. Is there a way we can find them?

Thanks,

Varun

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

If you have the Governance Dashboard:

Select Last 6 months, Cal Type = "Named User". Then compare to your list of all people with Named Cals to see whose missing.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

In the QMC:

System|Licenses|Qlikview Server|Assigned Cals
Set to 100 per page, then copy and paste each page into Excel.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

If you have the Governance Dashboard:

Select Last 6 months, Cal Type = "Named User". Then compare to your list of all people with Named Cals to see whose missing.

varunreddy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

In Governance dashboard we see NT names and in QMC we see the user name. Is there a way we can get user name instead of NT names in Governance dashboard?

Thanks,

Varun

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

We changed the Governance Dashboard load script to lookup the user names from a 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Varun, please be sure you read the Product Terms from the link below, in particular the following section:

"Named and Document CALs are assigned to an identified user and may not be transferred to another user unless the transfer is due to a i) termination of employment, or ii) a transfer of the user to a new business unit or group resulting in no access to the Qlik Software"

Product Terms

Removing assigned users due to inactivity is a violation of the product terms...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
krithKavya
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

If I have 10,000+ users, it will be a complex task of identifying the inactive user. could it be possible to create a program in other technology which could support qlikview/ qliksense to get the list of inactive users by running it.? If it is possible, what is the language we can prefer like Python.

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I would suggest you reach out to your partner manager to discuss with them, as this will likely have to go through Product Management etc., the only other thing I can suggest is checking out the Developer area and the QMS APIs or the IDEA area of Community:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview-developer/April2020/APIs/QMS+API/html/7b30b3a1-77da-4bbe-bdc2-1...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Best I can offer you.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.