cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III

How to login with custom user with IIS

My customer needs to let people login over the internet into the accesspoint. We are using IIS webserver instead of qv webserver. We want to use custom users which will be managed in the QMC.

11.20.12742.0 is the qv server version. IIS is set up in windows server 2012 R2 .

I now cannot login into the accesspoint with custom user accounts. I dont know why but i guess it has something to do with autorisations that need to be changed in IIS. Can anyone explain me how to set this up?

Problem looks the same as in post Problem with QV10 Accesspoint using IIS and custom users however, that discussion is old and the screenshots are obsolete for my situation.

Regards,

Tjeerd

8 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe you also want to have a look at

IIS Configuration for SSO in Qlikview 11

Have you tried following the steps in the other thread mentioned in your post?

I would have assumed that changes between QV10 and 11 are not so big that it prevents you from trying what Daniel suggested.

tabletuner
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your answer swuehl. The changes between qlikview versions arent significant. However  the IIS versions have changed significantly to avoid me from applying the configuration changes described in the mentioned document.

Can you give me the updated instructions for IIS 8.5.96?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

In IIS set the QlikView and QvAjaxZfc folders authentication to anonymous and disable windows.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable

Hi Tjeerd,

Coincidentally I ran into the same issue this week. Did you manage to solve it? I also installed the latest QV server version (11.20 SR12) on a Windows 2012 R2 machine having IIS v8.5 installed. But I have created some local Window users which should login when reaching the Access Point, but after logging in I keep getting the "loading content" message. IIS authentication seems to be the issue here, but I am not sure which authentication to use for the folders/applications in IIS (QlikView, QvAjaxZfc, QvPlugin, etc.). I enabled Anonymous authentication for QlikView and Windows authentication for the others. (Any other authentication is disabled). I tried some other settings as well, but none did work.

Accessing the QMC though works perfectly fine. I set up a local directory service and I am able to assign CALs to these users.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Björn

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Bjorn,

To start QMC has it own webserver and doesn't use IIS.

If you will look at my post I said " In IIS set the QlikView and QvAjaxZfc folders authentication to anonymous and disable windows."  This will allow custom users to work as well as setting the QWS to "Custom User".

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Local directory is not custom users.

Bill

Not applicable

Indeed, that's the only difference here; Tjeerd is using custom users, I am using local Windows users. But nevertheless thanks for your suggestions.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

There is a big difference here. The only time QVS does authentication is when you use custom users. All other time the authentication is done outside of Qlik and Qlik does the authorization.

In the past the issue you are facing can be cause by several things.

1. The service account that the application pool is running under is not a member of the QlikView Administration Group. 

2. All the features and roles to run Qlik under is not installed.

3. .Net framework is not installed correctly.

Bill