Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I applied security and I Can't Open Qlikview (qvw) file.How to recover?

Dear Experts,

I did huge change in my script and finally I applied NT Security and Now,I can't open document.How can I recover enter the document script.Please help me.

Thanks

saifur

11 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I think that Power Tools may help you but ... work always with document copies !!!

Not applicable
Author

You may be able to hack the -prj but as far as I am aware you have lost the backend script unless you can find a logon that works - do you know what ID's you used?

General practice save a backup before applying security

Not applicable
Author

actually I always do backup.but today I have worked 8 hours on that document and fixed and changed lots of things..finally i worked with security and did not took any back up.so i have lost all of the works which i did today.

I am using my active directory ID -

syr is my ID

can u hack or enter the document @ felim.

Thanks

saifur

Not applicable
Author

Could you please specify what you mean.which power tool?

Not applicable
Author

You may be able to access the code from the -prj, can you reload the document via server etc?

alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It is a tool you can download from community that can recover lost documents ...

Not applicable
Author

This will only work if you can reload the document In your source folder add a new folder called [YOURQLIKVIEWREPORTNAME]-prj

If you cannot reload then power tools may work albeit unlikely if you cannot reload

Reload look in forlder and open LoadScript.txt

Note editing these files can cause issues.

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Make sure you don't have section access on the QVW. If you are using NTFS then add your account to the file. Add your account to the QMC if you are using DMS. Did you make a copy before making any changes?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Simple answer is no, there is no way to recover the file. You should always have a backup when working with section access.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.