Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is it possible to manage custom authentication or authetication without AD in Qlik Server?SBE

Hi, i have a server not in a domain, so I'd like to know if it 's possible to manage users that are not in Active Directory.

Thnak you

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

No, SBE Only supports Window Active Directory to handle security and access control

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert. I have a strange configuration, i have a server (for qlik) and another one that i can use as domain controller with Active Directory. If i connect my qlik server to domain server, i install qlik, i manage users, i turn off my domain server...Does my qlik server work? The question is "Can i connect my qlik server to the domain controller only for install and manage users?"

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you turn the domain server off then the Qlik server will not be able to authenticate users.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much, this is a big limitation of SBE, i must have necessary 2 server, one for Qlik and another one for domain controller. At the moment I have one server in hosting without domain, only workgroup, a web server. I'd like to install Qlik Server SBE but i don't know how to manage authentication. Do you have any idea?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think you can use a local directory too. See this discussion:Re: Qlikview SBE: Using Local Directory