Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Is there a way to prevent concurrent logins per user?

I would like to limit logins, so that if user X logs in from their PC, they cannot concurrently login from another computer.

What I'm trying to avoid is a user sharing their login. We do not want shared passwords or shared report data; we would prefer to have unique logins for each actual user and permissions set accordingly.

I do not see any options for this in QMC so I wondered if there was a way to achieve it.

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The feature you want is automatic behavior of QlikView. If a user logs in to the AccessPoint from one PC, and then logs in to the AccessPoint from another machine or device, the first session will be disconnected (the famous "Lost connection..." message appears) Both sessions cannot operate concurrently, they each will disable the other session.

However there is no method to exclusively tie a session to a particular "first-time user". Both visitors using the same account will steal each others connection turn-by-turn.

Not applicable
Author

Hmm, this is not what I am seeing... I can log in to QlikView from multiple browsers or PC's using the same user/password, with no problems.

We are using NTLM authentication, a custom login page, and Active Directory for an auth store if it matters.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are using User Cals, this will not happen. I am assuming you have sessions Cals and that is why it is happening.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.