Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Jobs are failing with Section Access for Service Account but working with My account. Why?

Hi Guys,

All servers are running under Service account TEST\Qlik.Service in Test Environment and We are leasing License from Prod Server to open any Qvw applications in test environment.

If Application is not having Section access It is running perfectly under account TEST\Qlik.Service but all the QVW application with Section Access are failing under account TEST\Qlik.Service. Getting Error Message

(2015-05-18 10:45:26) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

(2015-05-18 10:45:26) Error: The document failed to open.

(2015-05-18 10:45:27) Error: Document could not be opened

If I change the services to run under my user ID and try running scheduled jobs, which will run under my account now, is running without any error.

In Section Access, I am using an excel to get below users:

ACCESSNTNAMEEMPID
ADMINTEST\Qlik.Service*
ADMINTEST\Shiven.kumar*

What could be the reason for above failure?

Experts please help.

4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Is there more to the section access list?

The '*' here includes all EMPID values listed in the SA list. If nothng else is listed it may not be doing what you think.

Are you using data reduction? Turn off data reduction and test that.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Yes... No not using data reduction..

I think this issue is due to PROD Users are not available in TEST Env and TEST Users are not available in PROD.

In My Excel, in Test Env, I added PRPD Users and in Prod Excel I have added test users because We are taking the code sometimes prod Test and deploying in Prod and Not able to open the document if Test user is not there in Prod Excel and same thing with Test excel.

Not applicable
Author

So Basically, I am facing this issue, If code was developed in Test Env (Test Users are different from Prod Users.

I have an Excel where I am adding users and this excel is getting called in Section Access along with AD user list)

and then Go to Start page of Client--> Recent--> Right Click on Qvw-->Open '.qvw' Without Data and then save it with any name like Order_Emplty.qvw and then copy and paste in PROD Environment.

Test Environment Section Access Excel:

ACCESS NTNAME EMPID

ADMIN TEST\Qlik.Service *

ADMIN TEST\Shiven.kumar *

Prod Environment Section Access Excel:

ACCESS NTNAME EMPID

ADMIN PROD\Qlik.Service *

ADMIN PROD\Shiven.kumar *

Now If I try to open the document Order_Emplty.qvw in PROD, It is not allowing to Open. Then I did below (Added both domain users in both the Environment) and then again reloaded and saved as empty.

TEST and PROD Environment Section Access Excel:

ACCESS NTNAME EMPID

ADMIN PROD\Qlik.Service *

ADMIN PROD\Shiven.kumar *

ADMIN TEST\Qlik.Service *

ADMIN TEST\Shiven.kumar *

Now I am allowed to open in PROD Environment.

Another Issue:

I am using specified path for connection string and variable values: In Test and Production, Path of this Configuration File is different and If copied .qvw files from test Env is just pasted in production and changed the Configuration file path using client and then save it and then It is failing, If we run this app from Job, with below error message:

(2015-05-18 10:45:26) Error: Document open call failed. The document might require username and password.

(2015-05-18 10:45:26) Error: The document failed to open.

(2015-05-18 10:45:27) Error: Document could not be opened

but after changing path If we reload using client and then save it and again run through Job It is successful.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Lets look at the below. To load all the data in EMPID the service account has to be blank and not a star *

Blank to publisher means everything, to server it means no access. The star * means all select values and in our case being the value "C" is not listed in the section access section it will not be listed. The admin will only see the values A,B, and D.

Maybe, this will help. If not you need to post your SA script.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
    ACCESS, USERID, EMPID
    ADMIN, SERVICEACCOUNT
    ADMIN, ADMIN, *
    USER, USER1, A
    USER, USER2, B
    USER, USER3, D
];
Section Application;

LOAD * INLINE [
    EMPID, DATA
    A, 1
    B, 2
    C, 3
    D, 4
];

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.