Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

LDAP Setup(with AD)

Dear Gurus,

we are using Qlikview 11.2 sr8. Currenlly we are using custom authentication and wanted to upgrade to ldap authentication.

Our Qlikview server and and LDAP directory are in 2 different domains .I have added the LDAP directory details under

QMC-->System-->Setup-->DSC--> Active Directory using LDAP string.(ex: LDAP://xxx.direcotry.xx.com)

Authentication is set as NTLM and Authorization is DMS.

Login page is using the option "Alternate Login Page"

with all the above settings , I have given access to a user  and that user is able to access the qlikview dashboard in access point only when he put the user id in access point as domain\username.

if we give only user name(without domain prefix) , he is not able to access the dashboard in access point. getting the login page again.

My query is : How we can avoid using domain prefix to username. / How to make the authentication successful without Domain prefix.

Please suggest.

Best Regards,

Chinna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear All,

Finally I have got the solution from below link by Vlad Gutkovsky(Many many thanks Vlad).

Setting a Default Domain with QlikView Web Form Authentication – Infinity Insight Blog

Here is the steps I followed.

In my configuration,under qlikview webserver, I have set the login page as Alternate web page(which will automatically point to formLogin,htm).

I have modified the formLogin.htm to prepend my domain name as suggested by Vlad . So now users do not have to enter domain.

PFA screenshots of my configuration. which may help others.

******Amendment*********Edited on 14th Sep 2015********************************

in the above link solution is provided for only one domain. As in our case we are having 2 domains, I have modified the script to dynamically prepend the domain name based on username entered.(in my scenario, we can determine the domain based on the username type. if user name is numeric it belongs to "ja" domain, if user name is alphabet it belongs to "ma" domain).

Please find the modified script (to be added in formLogin.htm as suggested by Vlad):

<script type="text/javascript">

function PrependDomain(){

var user = document.loginform.username.value;

if(!isNaN(user.charAt(0)))

{

var domain = "japan";

}

else

{

var domain = "ma";

}

if (user.toUpperCase().indexOf(domain) > -1){ //domain has already been entered manually (don't append it again)

return true;

} else { //domain name has not been entered, append it

document.loginform.username.value = domain + "\\" + user;

}

}

</script>

BR,

Chinna.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI All,

Any one have this kind of issue..Please share your thoughts where you we can append my domain name as prefix to users as a alternate solution..

or

HOw I can customize my acceespoint to give option to select the domain as drop down?

Pls help..

BR,

Chinna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

use these settings :

QMC-->System-->Setup-->Qlikview Web Server - QVWS@xxxxx -> Authentication

Authentication ->  tick Always

Type -> tick NTLM

Login Address : Defaul login page (browser authentication)

by applying this, it will not ask for login details as it will directly login using single sign on

Thanks

Raj

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Chinna,

Please try like attached screen.

Hope this will help you. Thank you.

Untitled.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Raj..

Thank you for the response. Some how with the above settings it is not working for me.

When I'm using following accesspoint URL I'm getting the attached error. pls suggest.

http://myserver/qlikview/index.htm

Br,

Chinna

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

try to use these settings :

QVS-->Security -> Authorization - DMS authorization (QlikView controls file access)

Authentication ->  Allow anonymous

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

HI,

Are you using IIS or QVWS?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill...we are using QVWS...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI Bill,

We are using the attached settings to take the windows system login.as Server and my PC both under same domain.
Still it is not working. Please find the attached screenshots.

In the capture2.JPG screenshot(under qvws-->authentication-->login adress) if we change it to alternate page, we are prompting for user id and password. if I give my userid as domain\windowslogin and password as my windows password, i'm able to login. But if I ignore the domain name in my userid it is not logging in.

Now we do not need automatic login using windows credentials.

we are trying to find out , how we can avoid using the domain or how we can append domain in the backend configuration so that users can enter only their windows ID(with out domain).

Please suggest your thoughts.

BR,

Chinna

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi Chinna,

Check this link if it is useful.

LDAP access configuration