Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anujagupta26
Contributor
Contributor

License and maintenance expiry

Hi,

My company has around 20 licenses which are up for renewal on multiple dates. I want to know the below - 

1. Is the maintenance cost different from license renewal cost

2. What if I do not renew the a. maintenance b.license. What would be the issues in reloading, editing scripts, running generators. 

3. If the licenses are up for renewal on different dates, it is required to now renew all of them at the same date (the earliest - this was mentioned by a Customer Renewal Manager).

Please help. Thanks.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
NadiaB
Support
Support

Hi @anujagupta26 

You will need to contact to your account manager to discuss prices details, etc.

From QLik Support perspective if the license is not renewed and you have an issue, if the license expired more than 30 days we will not be able to provide support until the license is renewed.

Kind Regards.

Don't forget to mark as "Solution Accepted" the comment that resolves the question/issue. #ngm
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Anuja, I just wanted to add a little to Nadia's post back, your account manager is the best resource to explain things and provide any cost information, but I wanted to note that we have two models now, perpetual and subscription licensing, so it is important to understand which model you are under.  With perpetual, there is an maintenance fee that comes into play, and that is mainly to cover your upgrades and support, so keeping that current allows you to install the newer releases as they come out and entitles you to support.  As Nadia noted, if you did not pay maintenance in this case, you would not be able to upgrade to new major releases nor would you be entitled to contact support for help, the Community would be your only place to go for help.

In the subscription model, things are a bit different, you pay an annual subscription for the right to use the software/service and that covers both the use and support coverage etc.  The only additional charges would be related to education and any services engagements you may want to help you with things.  Oh, I almost forgot, regarding the multiple renewals, be sure to ask your account manager/partner about getting everything on the same renewal date, that should be possible, I assume that is part of your frustration here...

Hopefully this helps a bit more, your account manager/partner should explain things similarly, but they can assist you in figuring things out, so you can decide what the best course of action is for you.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.