Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
karolina_
Creator II
Creator II

Logfiles without log extension

Hi All,

I stopped getting some data to Governance Dashboard. It appears that I have data up to mid may in session.log file and later they are in sessions.txt (the same with other):

logs.png

Governance does only read logs with log extension.

1. Do you know how to make qv generate logs with log extension? And what could have cause the change?

2. Do you know how to make Governance Dashboard read logs with txt extension. I am trying to modify serverScan tab (call fileList for txt extension), but without success so far.

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

From my point of view this is a bug from the QlikView server respectively there are any exceptions which the server couldn't handle because the error-handling isn't well prepared for it.

Some years ago I had had a similar case but I don't remember very well what I did to bypass the problem but I think it was changing the load from a wildcard-load like *.log* to a filelist-approach and checking within the loop if it is the right file and also contained data (excluding the ones with 0 KB).

Wildcard data loading (*.blah......)

- Marcus

karolina_
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Governance Dashboard already use filelist approach

logs1.png

marcus_sommer

Just remove the EXT and the belonging delimiter of .  and include appropriate conditions within the loop like

If '$(File)' like '* ... *' then

karolina_
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I did not manage to make Governance dashboard read txt file.

I stopped QV services for a moment and changed Sessions.log to Session.log.03 and Sessions.txt to Sessions.log and now I see sessions statistic. But this is not permanent solution.