Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Module Security

Hi, 

How to run macros when we have module security is set to "Limit Module Script to Safe Mode".?

By default i don't have admin access to my system,but when i try to run macro each time i need to set to "Give System Access to Module Script".

When i reopen my qlikview application once again its once again set to "Limit Module Script to Safe Mode".

Without altering the Registry keys is there a option to run macros ? Please suggest.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
lockematthewp
Creator II
Creator II

I'm not sure if this will help, but you can press CTRL + Shift + M. This brings up a module security menu. Maybe that will fix the problem.

avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Thats not possible on each time , any alternate way for the same.
marcus_sommer

Go to the security tab in the user- and the document properties and adjust the macro-settings (disabling the macro-start and the restriction of macros to the user-rights). If the document is secured with section access and you aren't assigned as admin you won't be able to change the document settings.

As alternatively to the user properties you could also adjust your settings.ini with:

OverrideModuleSecurity=1
OverrideLaunchSecurity=1

- Marcus

avula_gk
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

No Luck, tried to change in document properties. 

Run macros with Limit module to safe mode is the target. Tried different ways but failed.

Regards,

Ganesh

marcus_sommer

In general it's possible to execute macros without been asked to admit the execution or to change the modul security.

But if the macro contained any external access the modul security needs to be set (and stored with these settings) to allow the system access - otherwise the user will be asked or those statements are ignored or fail. Further the user needs the document rights to execute the macro and/or to change these settings. Also neccessary is that the user allowed the execution in general and if wanted without any query of it - this is set within the settings.ini (directly or per menu on the user properties.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Are you doing this from the QlikView Desktop client or via the Qlikview Server using Ajax or IE Plugin client?

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.