Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

New problem with SA

Hi,

I'm going insane with this stuff.

In one of my apps (the one with personell data) I have a Section_Access set up with the fields ACCESS and NTNAME. The NTNAME, as it is seemingly stored in our systems, is DOMAIN\firstname.lastname (the DOMAIN is in caps, the firstname and lastname are in lowercase).

Locally (logged on as the one written in the SA inline_table with ADMIN access) I can easily reload the script - I couldn't get the thing with the OMIT_field to run, so I left it out.

Now it seems, however, that the "QlikView user" that we have established on the server cannot run the script - whenever I try to trigger a reload via the QMC, it fails within half a minute.

Can anybody help me out there, please?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

8 Replies
Not applicable

did you add qlikview service account to your section access ?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

that's what I was thinking of. It's not a person, but it certainly is an entry in the AD - we created it so the server can identify towards the other partition where all the data is stored and get access - so I'll try.

Thanks!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

qmc tries to reload the app as service account user, so you shld have it in your script with admin access.

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

I agree that the service account has to be added to your script.

Introduction to Section Access

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi all,

that seems to work fine -

with the one version of my app where I have five users, all in the inline_table (one of them being that special "QlikView_user")

<=> but not with the other version where I have the inline_table and an Excel file from which I add a nr. of lines for additional users...

Not applicable

not sure that you are able to solve the problem ?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

No, I haven't solved it so far.

Moreover, I keep getting locked out for some reason - I haven't deleted the entry for myself - classified as ADMIN - in the SA, but for some reason access is denied - thank goodness I have made a backup ...

Not applicable

can you provide  your section access script ? you can give dummy users.