Qlik Community

QlikView Security & Governance

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Security and Governance.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

PGO as xml security problem

Hi All,

Will there be  any security issues if  the cal.pgo is used as  xml?

Thanks

7 Replies
simone_spanio
Valued Contributor

Re: PGO as xml security problem

Hi, no.

S.

I think rather not. The xml are only copies in a readable format but they won't be used from the server to control anything. And the file-access to these xml should be of course restricted to those people which are responsible for the qv server.

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the reply. I want to use this xml in my application. Which one is the best option for xml file-access restriction ?

What do you mean with using in your application - you want to read the xml within a qlikview app?

- Marcus

Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

Yes I want to use the CAL as  xml file in  qlikview application. So before converting pgo to xml  I need to consider about the information security since it is in readable format.

Thanks&Regards,

Lokeshwari

Those informations serve only administrative purposes - therefore you could put those app into a special folder where only a few people get access to. And you could additionally use Section Access.

- Marcus

Not applicable

Thanks for the suggestion . Will definitely  work on this option you have provided.

Community Browser