cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvd1rkqv
Creator
Creator

QlikView Audit Logging

It looks like by default all documents in the QMC Documents Tab have the "Enable Audit Logging" selected.  I want to at the QMC/System/QlikView Server settings "Enable Audit Logging" and then "Enable Extensive Audit Logging"  but not until I can test this first.  I would like to test this for 1 document at first and progress until we're comfortable with this logging.  Also I don't think we would enable this for all documents as many are not customer facing applications (e.g. Load Script documents). 

My question:  Is there a way to toggle this check box on the documents other than having to manually touch every document in our environment?  Thanks!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mark, you would need to edit the DocumentTask.xml in the QVPR, by default that is located in: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR, and the tag you would need to modify is the following: 

EnableAuditLogging="true"

You would want to do a find/replace and set that to false instead.  That is the only thing that may work here, have not tested myself, so not sure if it will or not, but hopefully allows you to move things forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mark, you would need to edit the DocumentTask.xml in the QVPR, by default that is located in: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\ManagementService\QVPR, and the tag you would need to modify is the following: 

EnableAuditLogging="true"

You would want to do a find/replace and set that to false instead.  That is the only thing that may work here, have not tested myself, so not sure if it will or not, but hopefully allows you to move things forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.