Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[QlikView] IniData.pgo is removed

Hello,

Everytime I start or stop the service 'QlikView Server' this IniData.pgo is deleted.

I don't know why is happening this but the licenses of our client is gone everytime this happens.

Any idea what is going on?

The client says they excluded QlikView folders from antivirus or any other software.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

Assuming that the issue here is that after a service restart, CAL assignments are lost (User CALs, Document CALs), then the only similar issue that I can think of is CAL data cleared when QlikView Server Service is restarted (kb 000004015) - though it applies only to older versions. 

CAL/license information is stored in the CALdata.pgo file.

It could happen that a corruption of the file can affect this in newer versions as well. Regardless, the article above should help you with troubleshooting (check for an update time on it).

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, I think is 'normal' recreate this IniData.pgo because if I change anything on Settings.ini this will be recreated.

I found that there is 2 lines on this Settings.ini

UserCalList=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\FUL.dat

DocumentList=C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\FDL.dat

But just exist FUL.dat with '00' as content.

Any idea?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello,

Assuming that the issue here is that after a service restart, CAL assignments are lost (User CALs, Document CALs), then the only similar issue that I can think of is CAL data cleared when QlikView Server Service is restarted (kb 000004015) - though it applies only to older versions. 

CAL/license information is stored in the CALdata.pgo file.

It could happen that a corruption of the file can affect this in newer versions as well. Regardless, the article above should help you with troubleshooting (check for an update time on it).

/Sonja

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Luis, did Sonja's post and link help you get things sorted out on this one?  If so, do not forget to return to the thread and use the Accept as Solution button to mark her post as having helped you resolve things.  You are correct on the IniData.pgo by the way, that does go away and recreate and is by design, the service reads the local Settings.ini file of whichever node starts first and that is what is written to the InitData.pgo...  Hopefully Sonja's addition info got you what you needed, but if you are still working on things, leave an update for us.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.