Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Qlikview Section Access in Binary Load

Hi guys i have some question here,

i try to add inline section acces to my qlikview application which the data is binary load from other sources.

I try to add Outlet Code as a limitation, but its doesnt work. IF i change it into OMIT limitation, the script work perfectly.

can you guys help whats wrong with my script? i try to use bracket '[]' ,and '' sign on Outlet Code but nothing happened

1.png

2.png

3.png

13 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

I think it depends a bit on if you use --- or not.

When strict exclusion is disabled a non-existing reduction values grants you access to all the values, which effectively will work as a wildcard. In that scenario I would prefer defining a reduction value like for example <ALL VALUES>, so that my intentions with the reduction is very clear. A blank value to me is too undefined.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

That is fine if you are only using the desktop client. If you are using publisher it can cause you issue.

A common misconception in section access is the use of “*” (star) in section access.

“Star” means “all listed values” not all values for the field. This will be explained in

detail in the script examples.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks peter, I try to change both field and section access an uppercase name, and it works.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks guys for your help, my problem is solved

i try to change my field name into upper case in data model and put OUTLET CODE in section access and now it works.

Regards,

Arviddree