Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Record based security from SAP

Dear all,

We are currently looking at connecting qlikview to our SAP BW environment. One of the requirements is that the security layer of SAP is integrated into QlikView. How can this be done?

Authentication is not really an issue, everything is SSO. But I'm more talking about the record security. Not every user can the same data. So we want to implement some sort of section access. But this security layer already exists in SAP. Can we in some way make use of this layer from SAP?

Thanks,

Mathias

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dean_Ansermoz
Employee
Employee

Hi Mathias,

SAP Security can be re-used by QlikView and as you have already mentioned, section access applied on top to restrict what users can or cant see within the application.

SAP Security Roles and Authorizations are stored in a number of different tables which can be extracted using the QlikView SAP SQL extractor. Once stored in .QVD format in QlikView, then section access can be applied.

I would suggest that your SAP Basis team would be well placed to advise you which tables you will require to apply the appropriate level of security.

Thanks

Dean

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Dean_Ansermoz
Employee
Employee

Hi Mathias,

SAP Security can be re-used by QlikView and as you have already mentioned, section access applied on top to restrict what users can or cant see within the application.

SAP Security Roles and Authorizations are stored in a number of different tables which can be extracted using the QlikView SAP SQL extractor. Once stored in .QVD format in QlikView, then section access can be applied.

I would suggest that your SAP Basis team would be well placed to advise you which tables you will require to apply the appropriate level of security.

Thanks

Dean

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Dean for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mathias

We implemented SAP BW Analysis Authorizations in our QlikView dashboards (using Section Access)

Please take a look at the following thread, on which I gave detailed response:

http://community.qlik.com/thread/112235

If you require any examples, I can send it

Thanks

Yaniv

Not applicable
Author

That is a very helpful explication Yaniv!

Unfortunately as QlikView is implemented on the 'business side' in our company, that means that I as developer (working for the business) can bypass those security settings without the SAP crew knowing about it. I could create a report that has all the information, also that which i'm not allowed to see. I bet my SAP team won't be that happy about this. (which will most likely mean that QlikView won't receive any SAP data).

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Mathias

The usual politics

BTW - In my company QlikView started in the Business side, but IT (SAP) department realized to potential and embraced it.

Thanks

Yaniv

Not applicable
Author

Yes... well... I'm not that lucky