Qlik Community

QlikView Security & Governance

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Security and Governance.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
klas_lavenius
New Contributor II

Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

The tasks of reloading License Monitor, as well as Operations monitor fails.

When viewing the log , the following stands out, 

2016-12-29 11:06:38      Error: Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

  2016-12-29 11:06:38      Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

0144 FOR each folder in DirList(archivedLogsFolder & '*')

  2016-12-29 13:05:00 0145

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Error: Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Connection not found: ArchivedLogsFolder

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Execution Failed

  2016-12-29 13:05:00      Execution finished.

BUT then What ???

Any suggestions anyone !!

Tags (1)
5 Replies
agomes1971
Valued Contributor

Re: Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

Employee
Employee

Re: Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

You are trying to reload them with a non- Root Admin account?

Check the QMC to verify that the Data Connections are indeed there.

If you are not RootAdmin then you cannot reload the Monitor Apps (or duplicates of them) from the Hub because you don't have access to those data connections.

What version of Sense?

klas_lavenius
New Contributor II

Re: Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

Hi Tyler.

Thanks for quick answer, I’ll give You a quick back , but I just realized, there are a lot of things that should have been made this year !!

You’ve the same feeling ??

Anyways . Version is 3.1

User has root admin. It is the Sense _owner who runs it, ‘couse it is a sceduled task.

The data connections are there

Now the funny thing !.

I have an identical installation in another server (two companies in the same group) , and the firs installation is working just fine, the second is the one I’ve problem with.

AND as said m everything is (supposed to !!) be identical and when comparing it does look the same except for one thing

In the one working the connections looks like

In the one NOT working , the archivedLogsFolder has an OWNER

(which is the one I used when installing (exactly as I did in the first installation ) .

Strange ??!!

Any quick suggestions ? , Or we just wait until next Year!!

Rgds

Klas

Från: Tyler Waterfall

Skickat: den 29 december 2016 17:48

Till: Klas Lavenius <klas.lavenius@bipab.se>

Ämne: Re: - Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

<https://community.qlik.com/resources/images/palette-1004/headerLogo-1391206184624-QlikCommunity_logo.gif>

klas_lavenius
New Contributor II

Re: Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

Turnes out the solution to this problem was very simple:

Just change the name of the ArcivedLogsFolder connection in QMC  (remove the "(XY\Qlikuser)") .

And that is it.

Now Reload works just fine!!

Why the situation occured in the first place is another story!!

Employee
Employee

Re: Reload of License and Operations Monitor failed

Good to hear!

It sounds like user XY\Qlikuser created the ArchivedLogsFolder data connection - either manually or by importing the Operations Monitor or License Monitor apps (after the ArchivedLogsFolder data connection was removed or renamed).

Weird.

But, glad you are back in business. (y)

Community Browser