Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mallikarjun_h
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Removing section access

Hi,

I was trying to remove section access from the QVW by just unchecking the following two options in Settings->Document properties->Opening

1.Initial data reduction based on section access

2.Strict Exclusion

But i still got the message---> 'You do not have access to document'

so section access is not disabled.

Is above action is not sufficient to remove section access or do i need to comment the section access part & reload the doc?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

By unchecking them - you by-pass the authorization (data - reduction) but not the authentication. The app would still kepp checking for authetication. If your login credential was not part of section access - you would not be able to access the app. Admin has to comment out the section access in the script and reload it - to get rid of it.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
arulsettu
Master III
Master III

i think you need to comment the section access part and reload the app

tresesco
MVP
MVP

By unchecking them - you by-pass the authorization (data - reduction) but not the authentication. The app would still kepp checking for authetication. If your login credential was not part of section access - you would not be able to access the app. Admin has to comment out the section access in the script and reload it - to get rid of it.

avinashelite

Hi Prasad,

yes, you need to comment the section access code in the script.

As you mentioned ,un-checking

1.Initial data reduction based on section access

2.Strict Exclusion

will not do the job because this part will eliminate the data reduction in the dashboard but not the access control part

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Simply commenting out the line Section Access; in your load script and reloading the document is already a good start. Your SA table(s) will now become ordinary table(s) and you can open your document without any restriction.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

If you don't want to implement Section access then simply comment the Section Access code it will work as you expected.

Regards,

jagan.

cksuperlatif
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi ,

as they say, try to comment SECTION ACCESS part and reload your srcipt again.

kashaboinaraj
Creator
Creator

Hi

comment the script code if you don't want and uncheck the two options int the document settings it will work.

Regards

vishnu