Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
philippe-a_mart
Contributor
Contributor

Restrict access to the filesystem on the qlikviewserver

Hello,

I have a Qlikview server with some qlikview applications. Each application load some QVD stored on the qlikview server.

Currently, all applications can access to every QVD (with load instruction) stored everywhere on the qlikview server.

As some QVD contain sensitive data, i would like to be sure the access of theese qvd are restricted to some applications.

Is there a way to do this ?

pm

3 Replies
jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Hi Philippe,

I believe it can be taken care by creating folders and restricting the read/write access to the folders.

Give access to relevant users to the relevant folders.

Best Regards,
KC
philippe-a_mart
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Tank you for your answer but the problem is Qlikview Server is running under one unique Windows users . It would work if i could parameter Qlikview Server to run each application with a different windows user (or at least when qlikview server perform application reloading) but i don't think we can do it.

Colin-Albert

The QlikView server and QlikView Distribution Service must have access to all documents and data so they can be loaded correctly.

If you are looking to control user's access to documents then this can be done by using mounted folders and setting user's access permissions to the mounted folders, and / or using Section Access.

@Steve_Dark has a great post on organising the folders for your QlikView server here #https://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-folder-structures/