Qlik Community

QlikView Security & Governance

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Security and Governance.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
dafnis14
Contributor III

SSO doesn't work when changing Excel to QVD

Hi,

We use SSO, where the users data are retrieved from Excel. Everything is running fine.

I have created a QVD file based on the Excel. But, when loading the users data from QVD, the SSO doesn't work, and the user is prompt

for the application user & password.

Here is the script:

Supps:
LOAD ACCESS,
USERID,
PASSWORD,
SERIAL,
NTNAME,
SUPPCODE
FROM
[..\..\Data\Suppliers\Final_Supp_QVD\TmpSupps.qvd]
(
qvd);

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, SERIAL, NTNAME, SUPPCODE

  …..Deleted

    ];

Concatenate

LOAD

ACCESS

USERID,
SERIAL,
PASSWORD,
NTNAME,
SUPPCODE

Resident Supps;
 

Section Application;
 

STAR is *;
DROP Table Supps;


Does anyone have an idea why using the QVD disables the SSO?


Thsnks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dafnis14
Contributor III

Re: SSO doesn't work when changing Excel to QVD

I found the solution here:

Section Access Reload from QVD fails

loaded the section access table in an unoptimized form:

FROM

[..\..\Data\Suppliers\Final_Supp_QVD\TmpSupps.qvd]

(qvd) Where 1=1;

3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: SSO doesn't work when changing Excel to QVD

You can´t access a table from a Application Section inside a Section Access, your should move your qvd load to inside "Section Access"

Supps:
LOAD ACCESS,
USERID,
PASSWORD,
SERIAL,
NTNAME,
SUPPCODE
FROM
[..\..\Data\Suppliers\Final_Supp_QVD\TmpSupps.qvd]
(
qvd);

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, SERIAL, NTNAME, SUPPCODE

  …..Deleted

    ];

Concatenate

LOAD

ACCESS,

USERID,
SERIAL,
PASSWORD,
NTNAME,
SUPPCODE

Resident Supps; // This will not work because this table was created outside Section Access

Section Application;

STAR is *;
DROP Table Supps;

dafnis14
Contributor III

Re: SSO doesn't work when changing Excel to QVD

Hi,

I had to do that after receiving general script error..

I can't understand why..

Thanks!

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0065  Concatenate

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0066  LOAD ACCESS,

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0067       USERID,

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0068       PASSWORD,

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0069       SERIAL,

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0070       NTNAME,

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0071       SUPPCODE

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0072  FROM

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0073  [..\..\Data\Suppliers\Final_Supp_QVD\TmpSupps.qvd]

17/12/2015 18:42:26: 0074  (qvd)

17/12/2015 18:42:26:       6 fields found: ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, SERIAL, NTNAME, SUPPCODE, General Script Error

17/12/2015 18:42:26:       Execution Failed

17/12/2015 18:42:26:      Execution finished.

dafnis14
Contributor III

Re: SSO doesn't work when changing Excel to QVD

I found the solution here:

Section Access Reload from QVD fails

loaded the section access table in an unoptimized form:

FROM

[..\..\Data\Suppliers\Final_Supp_QVD\TmpSupps.qvd]

(qvd) Where 1=1;

Community Browser