Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Save Password Access point or put it in the url

Hi all,

I'm working for a saftware-company.

We are trying to implement Qv-dashboards in our AccountingSoftware.

We made some links with an url to our AccessPoint.

We can connect to our access-point via Web.

Is it possible to save the AccessPoint password or to put the user and pasword in the url? So the user should not type his user and password every time he connect to a Qv-Dashboard?

Regards,

Kris

9 Replies
Not applicable

This should be possible, depending on your Accounting Software there are several possible Solution like Header Authentication etc.

Fredrik_Lautrup
Employee
Employee

QlikView can integrate with different SSO solutions to solve the problem of having to authenticate again.

The most common solution is to use Windows Integrated Authentication which is supported out of the box.

Other solutions can be supported using technologies such as header authentication or web ticketing but this will require integration with your SSO solution.

I would not recommend sending username and password in the URL as this is an unsecure practice.

Regards

Fredrik

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hello.

I gave my url to the deveolopper of the accounting software.

http://qlikviewserver.com/QvAJAXZfc/opendoc.htm?document=Doc%2FDoc-Finance-Balans.qvw&host=QVS%40ere...

He made in some sheets a button or a slider to go to QV.

The problem is that ever time a user is connecting to QV he must enter his QV user and Password.

Is it possible to save the QV password of the user or to put it in the connection strring?

And how should we do that?

Regards,

Kris

kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi,

just for our demo I would try to set user and password in the url. I know it is not safe.

I've tried the link above but this seems not to work.

Who knows why?

Later on we would try to connect via a certificate.

I've read something about using a certificate to connect to the access-point.

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards,

Kris

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Kris,

IE will not allow you to put a password in the URL anymore. This could be done in earlier version. You can try to use trusted sites if you are using a domain account to login. ASHFAQ would work for section access.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, I was looking on the internet and I found the same explenation.

But I wasn't testing with IE but with Chrome and Firefox.

Regards,

Kris

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Kris,

I don't think anyone allows it any more, it was a major security risk because the user ID and Password was sent in plain text.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
kris_vliegen
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Bill,

After some "Google-work" I came to the same solution. Thats why I'm looking to implement the ticketting-system.

I found this link An introduction to QlikView Security using Web Tickets

Regards,

Kris