cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Scanning documents on another server

I keep getting errors when running "Validate Inputs" in an environment with two servers (one with QMC, distribution and one with QVS and web server).

I intend to run the Governance Dashboard on the server where source documents/QMC/distribution lives, but then need to access the documents on the access point server (i.e. QVS and web server).

But - however I enter the path to the server where the qvw files live, I get a "File Path directory does not exist or cannot be reached. Please validate your entry: <path>".

I've tried \\<hostname>\AccessPoint, \\<IP>\AccessPoint and also sharing the directory on the 2nd server and mapping it on the first server (i.e. connecting to a z: drive, which is mapped to \\<IP>\AccessPoint).

I can connect just fine between the servers, viewing files on z: while on server 1. But it looks like the Validate Input button refuse to scan files on a different server...

Any ideas?

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Goran - some assumptions

• You have a shared network drive between machine 1 and machine 2
  • You have verified file access - as you have stated - in other words before scanning - you can use Windows explorer to access the documents between the machine that has QVGD on it and the machine that has the document directory you want to scan.

This is most likley a bug - I will verify.

I was able to get this to work by using the mapped drive and appending a sub-directory to the path. So instead of just using Z:\  - I used Z:\docs2

Mapped on my machine with QVGD as Z:\

Accessed on my machine with QVGD as Z:\Docs2

unc1.PNG

The physical location on my server with the documents is:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents  - which is shared

unc2.PNG

So if you use this default path - share the drive one level up - so you can configure the QVGD configuration with the mapped drive letter and the sub-directory:

unc3.PNG

Both drive letter and UNC should work:

un4.PNG

Let me know how you do

regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Göran Sander - I will investigate.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Goran - some assumptions

• You have a shared network drive between machine 1 and machine 2
  • You have verified file access - as you have stated - in other words before scanning - you can use Windows explorer to access the documents between the machine that has QVGD on it and the machine that has the document directory you want to scan.

This is most likley a bug - I will verify.

I was able to get this to work by using the mapped drive and appending a sub-directory to the path. So instead of just using Z:\  - I used Z:\docs2

Mapped on my machine with QVGD as Z:\

Accessed on my machine with QVGD as Z:\Docs2

unc1.PNG

The physical location on my server with the documents is:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents  - which is shared

unc2.PNG

So if you use this default path - share the drive one level up - so you can configure the QVGD configuration with the mapped drive letter and the sub-directory:

unc3.PNG

Both drive letter and UNC should work:

un4.PNG

Let me know how you do

regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Verified as a bug and a case has been opened.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Ok thanks.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:56 PM, Michael Tarallo

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!