Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Section Access & Access Point Security

Hi,

I have a question on the security settings in section access and the security setting in Access Point. If I set the document to All Users in Accees Point, but restrict using Section Access, will the users that are not in the section access able to see the QVW in Access Point? (as in they can view the thumbnail, not access the document)

I'm using Customer Directory and section access is using NTNAME.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

By default answer is NO;

But you can change it from Document Settings if wished.

Document Settings --> Server --> below pic.

This is checked by default.

BR

Serhan

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Section Acces has no effect on the visibility of documents in the Access Point. If you want to hide documents from users in the Access Point you either need to remove the 'read' file permissions on the document for those users or move the document to a mounted folder that has the option Browsable disabled.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
mr_barriesmith
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Section Access does impact what the user sees in Access Point.

This is often not realised because the NTNAME field can be populated with '*' - for developer or admin entry.  If you have a '*' then all possible NTNAME users see the QVW in Access Point.

If you only populate NTNAME with the users who will work with the QVW then those users only see the QVW in Access Point.  This is our preferred way of working. (PS I don't see NTUSER in the reference manual.)

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's very useful to know. Thank you. Can you point me to any documentation where this is mentioned explicitly? I haven't found any information about this yet.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

By default answer is NO;

But you can change it from Document Settings if wished.

Document Settings --> Server --> below pic.

This is checked by default.

BR

Serhan

martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

you can set or unset it in the document properties here

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Gysbert,

Actually Section Access does that. The answer is in my post below.

BR

Serhan

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Another trick learned. Thanks guys.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the answer!

And below is the description of the setting from the help file. (In case anyone needs to know more about it)

Filter AccessPoint Document List Based on Section Access

When this option is enabled, users will only see those documents in the document list on the AccessPoint and in Open in Server, he or she has access to based on section access, in addition to other access rights. Note that those names present in the NTNAME column in section access will be saved as clear text in the qvw file, however, no passwords will be saved.

Note: Even when this option is enabled, the AccessPoint may in some cases list documents that the user does not have access to based on Section Access. This is because of how the Section Access functionality works. However, the user can only see such documents, not open them.