cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsdhavle
Creator II
Creator II

Section Access - Failed to open document Error

I am gettng failed to open document error when i try to access document from web. Section access works fine on my desktop version, also i have given admin privileges to functional account which is running tasks on publisher.

3 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Do you have enable "strict Exclusion", open document in developer>settings>document properties>Opening>Strict Exclusion, unchecked it and save document and try again.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Not applicable

Are you listed as Admin in the section access script? Also if you are restricting data based on some column then you should be having access to that column in the section access script.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

A rule of thumb is to get the basic section access working before you start the data reduction. They you will know which part is causing an error.

Note: Always make sure you have a backup copy of the document. If you lock yourself out there is no way to open the document.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.