Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III

Section Access not working from Access Point

Hi fellow members,

Hope you all are good.

I am facing a problem with the authorization of security (data reduction) where I have only QlikView Server (No publisher).

I am using section access with NTNAME, ACCESS, and Fields I want to reduce the data from, I have used everything in upper case (FIELDS as well as VALUES in it), checked the "initial data reduction....." in document properties - opening tab.

After reload, When I open it from QlikView Desktop it works as it should (means reduction applied properly and section access works fine), but when I access the same document from access point it says "Access denied for the user".

Any help would be highly appreciated as it is URGENT and IMPORTANT.

Thanks in advance

UI

12 Replies
PrashantSangle

Hi,

Test your section Access by following below steps:

1: Load Dashboard without section access. save and check that are you able to access it on Access Point.

2: If Yes, Then Access point -> On Dashboard -> right Click -> Add Object -> Add Text Object -> write expression

=OSuser()

3: Copy that OSUser name and add it in section access under NTNAME Column and then again reload your dashboard and check are you still able to access it on Access Point.

If you get any error. take screen shot of it and attached here so that we can help you more better ways.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
umerikhlas
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi fellow members,

Some progress in the work!

I have identified an issue. & it seems it has solved my problem for now.

In excel sheet where I defined Section Access fields, for the field I want to reduce (apply section access) i.e. DEPOSIT_GROUP_LINK, CLUSTER_LINK and REGION_LINK in my case. I have placed 'ALL' for all access and value for reduction. Access denied error is coming only if it finds ALL for the user. For that I have unchecked the 'strict exclusion' and that solved my problem.

But this is not the proper solution, if by mistake someone enter value other than field value because of not 'strict exclusion' it will show full dashboard.

Note: I have also checked Star is *; but it seems I am unable to use it.

Do anyone have any idea where to place Star is *; ? Before Section Access? Under Section Access Script or after?

I have tried all, but didn't get the desired result.

awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Hi Umer,

check out the attached document.

HTH

Andy