Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security Document properties - defaults get reset

I'm trying to turn off certain functionality for Users in a QlikView 10 application. I've got section access working with some NTNAMEs identified as USER, me as ADMIN and other users getting access refused as I want it. But if I go to Document Properties and Security and turn off say, Reload and Edit Script, when I next go into Document Properties and Security there are both back on again. And Users have definitely got Edit Script access in the above scenario. So the Security settings (user priviliges) under Document Properties basically keep getting reset to their default settings.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? This is simply in a desktop .qvw file with no Server deployment.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Just an update on this. I found a solution which was to export the document as XML and then import to a new blank qvw file. This supports the theory that the QVW file may have been corrupted in some way but other reasons are clearly possible. See http://community.qlik.com/message/246355#246355 for notes on how to Export & Import to work.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, I've seen this a few times.  As a workaround, I had to open the QVW file in a different QV version, made changes, and saved.

Don't know the reason.  Some sort of file corruption (?)

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi, are you going into the document as admin? If so and you have the box check "Admin Override Secuity" then it will show you all items.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the replies which I will bear in mind. It may well be 'file corruption' as suggested by Michael as the original was a built on a different desktop install (still V 10). I may try going back to that desktop and seeing how it behaves.

Not applicable
Author

Just an update on this. I found a solution which was to export the document as XML and then import to a new blank qvw file. This supports the theory that the QVW file may have been corrupted in some way but other reasons are clearly possible. See http://community.qlik.com/message/246355#246355 for notes on how to Export & Import to work.