Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security of QVW File Type

Hi,

I have a doubt about the security of the qvw file type.

For security terms in a client, I can't store sensitive information of persons in QVD files, so for load this information in the QVW that is accesible through AccessPoint, I accede to the database directly.

My question is, what kind of security does the qvw file type? My QVW has a section access for controlling the opening, but I am thinking more about the structure of the file, is encrypted in some algorithm?

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Guzmán.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qvw documents are not encrypted. Section access does not secure qvw files against persons trying to extract data from them. That means you need to restrict access to the qvw files by using for example file sytem permissions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

qvw is a binary compressed format.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, thank your for your response.

If the file is compressed in binary format, this gives me access security from unauthorized third parties? I must comply with the PCI-DSS security regulations and my doubt is about the persistence in hard disk of sensitive persons information.

Thank you.

Regards,

Guzmán.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qvw documents are not encrypted. Section access does not secure qvw files against persons trying to extract data from them. That means you need to restrict access to the qvw files by using for example file sytem permissions.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thank you very much, now is completely clear for me.

Regards,

Guzmán.