Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anjana_nair
Contributor
Contributor

Session log is not updating

Hi,

Even though log path to capture configure Session logs have been specified in QMC the session log file doesn't get updated with latest logs, hence the usage is not appearing in governance dashboard. Any help on resolving this would be appreciated. Wanted to share screenshots but not able to as not getting option to add attachment here.

Session log file is in below location:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\

3 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello Anjana.

Can you check what settings you have applied in the logging settings?

In the QlikView Management Console go to System > Setup > QlikView Servers > QVS@yourserver > Logging.

2019-05-09 08_14_28-Qlik Support Cloud Client - sbi (QlikTech).png

If you've just enabled it, try restarting the QlikView server. I remember there being issues in some versions where a restart was necessary, but cannot recall which ones right now.

Otherwise, I cannot really think of a reason why the session log would simply not log. Have you confirmed that there is traffic? For example by going to the AccessPoint yourself and opening a document, then closing it again. Not, for a session to be LOGGED, it needs to first have terminated. In AJAX, unless you close the client with the close function in the top right corner of the client.

Btw: Attachments can be added to these posts from the formatting menu toolbar above the text field. It's a camera icon.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
anjana_nair
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Somehow attachment option is not appearing for me.

Thanks for the response.

The session log was last updated on Jan 2019, though reports are being accessed by many  till today.I also checked by accessing the report and closing it. Moreover, QMC logging module  has been exactly configured as mentioned by you in screenshot and also the server was restarted on 29th APril 2019,still it doesn't appear to be updating logs from Jan onwards. Is there anything else that is being missed.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @anjana_nair , just to be 100% sure. 
Are the logs set to split daily? What happens if you disable the  logs, apply and re-enable them? Has the QVS service been restarted at some time since January?

Daniele - Senior Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.