Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Sheet Access in Access Point

Hi I have a very annoying problem, see picture. I want to show sheet using Section Access, and it works in 3 of 4 cases.

But the problem is that it dont works in Access Point and that's what the customer use. Is this a bug? I use 11.20 SR5.

It's just Margin tab that is using show sheet conditional and in this case it should be 1.

The formula in show sheet conditional is =sum(if(upper(OSUser())=NTNAME,1))

sheetaccess.png

5 Replies
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

put the upper(OSUser())=NTNAME in a text box

does it really return true? cause I see diverse selections in your screenshots

I can walk on water when it freezes
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

The selection has nothing to do with it, but it seams that the conditional is false=0.

I think that the problem is that I have no selection in my field NTNAME (that comes from my Section Access).

In Document Properties-->Opening I have nothing selected in Section Access area(checkboxes).

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

Should I use a trigger OnOpen that puts NTNAME=OSuser() when opening the document?

Is that a solid solution?

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

This sound to be strange.

Make sure the highlighted content in attached image is selected.

Check if this helps

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-4435

Regards

ASHFAQ

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author

If I select "Initial Data reduction Based on Section Access" and "Strict Execlusion" it keeps all ADMIN users in NTNAME when I open report. "Initial Selection Based on Section Access" will select ADMINs in field NTNAME when open the report all other is visible but unselected.

"Initial Data reduction Based on Section Access" and "Strict Execlusion" I thought that only my NTNAME should be keept when open report.