Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keithlawrence
Contributor III
Contributor III

Tracking User Activity

Hi everyone,

I've been working on building our own Governance Dashboard as the standard app is overly complicated and doesn't really give us what we need in terms of what the user is doing in the apps. I have the activity the user does within the session nailed but I'm missing a part to do with the Access Point.

On the Access Point, the users can download the app to their desktop. The activity the user does on the desktop version are not tacked in the log files sadly. What I'm struggling to find is where the log files shows that an app has been downloaded. I would then be able to at least say that app has been used/download to some degree. All the files refer to server performance or sessions but nothing before the session has begun.

Does this even exist? Do I need to start looking at web analytics to track where users are selecting on a web page to get this information?

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

If your users are downloading applications from the Access Point you should be able to track it using the Event log form the QVS. You should see entries like:

efa1f6c9-e5a8-4acf-b934-ae9fcc100612 20190706T124816.000+0200 20190706T153007.000+0200 4 700 Information FileDownload: User DOMAIN\administrator initiated download of document MountedFolder/Test.qvw

I hope this helps you.
Kind regards
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi,

If your users are downloading applications from the Access Point you should be able to track it using the Event log form the QVS. You should see entries like:

efa1f6c9-e5a8-4acf-b934-ae9fcc100612 20190706T124816.000+0200 20190706T153007.000+0200 4 700 Information FileDownload: User DOMAIN\administrator initiated download of document MountedFolder/Test.qvw

I hope this helps you.
Kind regards
keithlawrence
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Albert, that's spot on. I was worried this wasn't possible but I can see the lines as described.

Albert_Candelario

Excellent!
If any further doubt, do not hesitate to share it here at our Community!
Enjoy Qlik!