Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Authenticate.ASPX and LDAP

We are wanting to customise the Autheticate.aspx module to connect to our LDAP service to authenticate users.

We have changed the entries in Authenticate.aspx to provide the details of our LDAP server but it is still not working. We are getting the error:

The type or namespace name 'DirectoryServices' does not exist in the namespace 'System' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

How do we solve this error. I would have thought the references to System.DirectoryServices would already have been established in the QlikView Server/WebServer application.

Should we be trying to create a Visual Studio project in which to modify Authenticate.aspx rather than just editing the file in-situ, if so , any recommendations on setting this up?

I already have the document Customized Authentication v2.0 and although this provides some useful information it also seems incomplete.

Thanks.

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Good question: how does one set up a Visual Studio project for modifying Authenticate.aspx? I put all the dll's in a subdirectory project/bin, only to get the error

Could not load file or assembly 'AccessPoint' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.

So I can't get the syntax checking and code completion working in Visual Studio, neither can I find and on-line reference to the QlikView Server API.