cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohan_mulay
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Using Section Access with Loop and Reduce

Can We use Section Access and Loop and Reduce together. ?

I have a qlikview application for 27 Countries and each country has multiple plants. I need to break the app country wise using Reduce functionality on QMC and still want Plant level Section Access to work in each Country app.

In other way - can i reduce file on Country column and still do dynamic reduction further based on Plants?

Do i need to set up something else in task properties apart from loop and reduce?

Thanks in advance,

Labels (4)
1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You are on the right track, here is the Help link and there is a somewhat vague reference to things right toward the top, I recall it used to be a bit more clear a while back, but you have to be very careful in these instances to be sure you end up with what you want, lots of testing needed to be certain it is working properly...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2019/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QV_QMC/QMC_Documents_SourceDoc...

"Reduction based on Section Access may cause unwanted results in the distributed documents and should be used with caution."

Sorry I do not have a better answer for you.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.