cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

WebTicket on IIS results in Invalid Call

Hi All,

I am experiencing a strange problem.

I am trying to get a web ticket and am getting "Invalid call" response.

QV server version 11.20.12904

Windows Server 2012 R2

All installed on IIS 8.5

We have another system up and running using the same configuration settings but running on Windows Server 2008

and also on Windows 7 and everything is just fine.

What I have found is this:

- when using localhost name in browser using URL:

http://localhost/QvAjaxZfc/GetWebTicket.aspx?cmd=<Global method='GetWebTicket'><UserId>SERVER\userA</UserId></Global>

I was getting "Invalid Call". I added "::1" to trusted ip addresses in config.xml for QV web server and I was able to get

a web ticket back.

- when using DNS host name instead of localhost (public one) - I am always getting "Invalid call" back even though I have added

all possible IP addresses for trusted ip addresses in configuration.xml file both in ipv4 and ipv6 forms.

Has anybody had a similar problem ? How do I investigate that ? Not feeling strong in MS Windows env...

Thanks,

Adrian

6 Replies
pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have a similar issue. Still investigating if the problem is related to authentication.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pablo,

Sorry you are experiencing the same problem. I have contacted QV support but was advised that I would need to pay for a consultant coming in and resolving it which I am not that willing to do (at least the company I work for is not). I have however implemented a workaround which is I use different host name (localhost) for getting web ticket and different (public DNS name) to get a document with the generated web ticket. Works fine but still would be good to know what is causing this problem.

Best wishes,

Adrian

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

::1 is IPV6 and Qlik doesn't support that. Try 127.0.0.1.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

That is interesting because without "::1" it doesn't even work for localhost for me as I mentioned earlier.

So it must understand it I would have guessed.

Thanks,

Adrian

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Adrian,

Just an update. The problem in my case was related with authentication, so I just changed the authentication for QVAjaxZfc folder in IIS to accept anonymous and integrated autentication.

So it's working now.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Pablo,

Great it is working for you. However I have done that early at the beginning before

creating this thread.

Thanks,

Adrian