Qlik Community

QlikView Security & Governance

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Security and Governance.

phil-ebm
Contributor

XML-File with Document Access

Hi

Is there some XML-Files with the informations, which User/Usergroup have Access to a document?

I don't find something

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
erikadvectas
Valued Contributor

Re: XML-File with Document Access

Hi Philipp,

Yes it is possible, by a tag called PgoAsXmlAlso=1 in the Settings.ini file. This will generate XML files for the PGO files. See attached.

Please note that the generated XML files should be used for troubleshooting only.

Regards,

Erik

5 Replies

Hi,

There will be .Meta and .pgo files which stores this information.

Regards

ASHFAQ

erikadvectas
Valued Contributor

Hi Philipp,

Yes it is possible, by a tag called PgoAsXmlAlso=1 in the Settings.ini file. This will generate XML files for the PGO files. See attached.

Please note that the generated XML files should be used for troubleshooting only.

Regards,

Erik

phil-ebm
Contributor

Hi

I set this tag.

But I don't find a xml-File by the PGO-Files :/

erikadvectas
Valued Contributor

Hi Philipp,

First, the QVS service needs to be restarted. Secondly, you are probably looking in the QVS folder which is C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\ . Have a look instead at the Document Root folder, which is by default C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Documents\ . The PGO files exists as a copy in both files, but the XML files are only being generated in the latter one.

If the change-date of the PGO files are not recent, you have probably changed your Document Root folder to somewhere else, check QMC > System > Setup > QVS Settings > Folders > Root Folder, and see what the path is set to.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Erik

phil-ebm
Contributor

Hi Erik

I found it.

I forget that we changed the Document Root folder

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Philipp