Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

section access combined with document calls

Hi!

I have inserted a section access in my application.

The idea is that a customer can only see his information, not the information of his competitor.

We have in our license 5 document calls and I have made 5 users in my application with restricted access.

But how do I link these to the document call?

I am new to this, so I have no idea how it works.

We also put our application on the accesspoint, I suppose customers will find the application there?

I hope someone can explain this to me.

Kind regard,

Katleen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
maxgro
MVP
MVP

1) you can assign document cal in the QMC (qlik management console), Documents tab, then choose the document (qvw) and at the rigth side choose Document Cal tab; then add your cal to the doc (bottom).

I suppose you don't have the Publisher.

If there isn't any section access your 5 users will get the same data (all data, no restrictions); to limit the visibility of certain records you have to add section access

2) for section access download the pdf (Introduction to Section Access) here

Re: Section Access

... and backup your qlik doc before you apply the section access

View solution in original post

5 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Katleen,

first, what I'm going to suggest will only work if your users reload the doc themselves - if it is reloaded by a Server, the users cannot be identified for additional SA_fields - the USER and ADMIN thing will work, but nothing else.

If that is ok (the users do reload themselves), there are additional possible fields to the SA which you can use to restrict the values of a certain field (e.g. >company<) that the users will be able to see - other values of that field (and all other values associated) will not be visible for them. Just look it up in the help_file.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

I have already restricted certain values.

The reload will happen every night on the server.

The user will only open the application and only see the data that is not restricted for him.

How does that work?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

1) you can assign document cal in the QMC (qlik management console), Documents tab, then choose the document (qvw) and at the rigth side choose Document Cal tab; then add your cal to the doc (bottom).

I suppose you don't have the Publisher.

If there isn't any section access your 5 users will get the same data (all data, no restrictions); to limit the visibility of certain records you have to add section access

2) for section access download the pdf (Introduction to Section Access) here

Re: Section Access

... and backup your qlik doc before you apply the section access

Not applicable
Author

When I assign such a document call to myself, to try if the section access works.

Do I lose that document call license or can I re-assign it after testing?

maxgro
MVP
MVP

it seems to me (don't remember all details) sometimes you must wait 24 hours to reassign the cal

in QMC press the help button (up r) and look for quarantined to get more detail