Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

section access on server

Hi, all

i am new to qlikview server,

I developed a qv application with section access. in that qvw, users are Smith,Daniel,Julia.

MY question is

did we need compulsory to create the users (smith,Daniel,Julia) in qlikview server?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
its_anandrjs

Hi Anil,

If you are using the windows user then you have to maintain the excel sheet with the domainname\Username list and then use section access. I believe no need to create the user name in the server only you have to maintain the list on the users.

Regards

Anand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

I don't understand what you are asking. Can you please give more deals as to what you are wanting to do?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For Section Access and security in short to work at all, everybody visiting your document must be identified. This can either be done using existing identification (like your Windows logon) or a separate set of usernames/passwords that are known only to your document. The choice is yours.

If you defined usernames (with or without passwords) in section access, then everyone visiting your document in the AccessPoint must supply a username before access is granted. The AP will present a login dialog when opening the document. No additional definitions are required, since section access already contains everything needed.

its_anandrjs

Hi Anil,

If you are using the windows user then you have to maintain the excel sheet with the domainname\Username list and then use section access. I believe no need to create the user name in the server only you have to maintain the list on the users.

Regards

Anand

francoiscave
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Anilpatchava,

Read the document about Section Access :

Introduction to Section Access

It's perfect to configure your first Section Access.

François