Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

550 read access error by FTP

Hi to everyone, In our proyect, we are trying to read and open a .txt file from a provider, we can open it using Windows Explorer without any problems but when we try to open it from Qlikview the following error is shown:

"550 /I:/PLAB86_20170803.txt: Permission denied"

We can open another files by this way but not this one, can anyone help us please?

Thanks

6 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

May be you dont have a read access to that file in that location. Did you try copying on your local folder and try reloading?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for answering Vishwarath!, yes i just tried copying on my local folder and reload and no problem but when i do it from the shared ftp folder i can't and the same error its shown, the provider told us that he already gave us all permissions, do we need another special permission o something?

Thanks

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you browse this ftp folder using your browser?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Please post the connection string that generates an 550 error. Are you using the correct ftp username & password?

Did you try accessing the file using a regular ftp client (i.e. outside of QV)? Like Filezilla or the Windows command line ftp client?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

Yes, i already tried accessing the file using Windows Explorer and i can open it without any problems, the same case trying to access the file on my local folder, but i can't open it in QlikView,

The connection string that generates 550 error is:

[ftp://User:Password@ftp.xxxxx.com/filexxx.txt]

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

That's not what I mean, Windows Explorer is a special case.

Can you try with opening a CMD prompt and launching ftp.exe? There should be an ftp command line client available in C:\Windows\System32 or one of the other Windows subdirectories.