Qlik Community

QlikView Security

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Security.

Not applicable

550 read access error by FTP

Hi to everyone, In our proyect, we are trying to read and open a .txt file from a provider, we can open it using Windows Explorer without any problems but when we try to open it from Qlikview the following error is shown:

"550 /I:/PLAB86_20170803.txt: Permission denied"

We can open another files by this way but not this one, can anyone help us please?

Thanks

6 Replies
vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: 550 read access error by FTP

May be you dont have a read access to that file in that location. Did you try copying on your local folder and try reloading?

Not applicable

Thanks for answering Vishwarath!, yes i just tried copying on my local folder and reload and no problem but when i do it from the shared ftp folder i can't and the same error its shown, the provider told us that he already gave us all permissions, do we need another special permission o something?

Thanks

vishsaggi
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you browse this ftp folder using your browser?

Please post the connection string that generates an 550 error. Are you using the correct ftp username & password?

Did you try accessing the file using a regular ftp client (i.e. outside of QV)? Like Filezilla or the Windows command line ftp client?

Not applicable

Hi Peter,

Yes, i already tried accessing the file using Windows Explorer and i can open it without any problems, the same case trying to access the file on my local folder, but i can't open it in QlikView,

The connection string that generates 550 error is:

[ftp://UserSmiley Tongueassword@ftp.xxxxx.com/filexxx.txt]

Thanks

That's not what I mean, Windows Explorer is a special case.

Can you try with opening a CMD prompt and launching ftp.exe? There should be an ftp command line client available in C:\Windows\System32 or one of the other Windows subdirectories.