Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Windows 2012 - Governance Dashboard Reload Fails

Hi!

I want to know if anyone got the Governance Dashboard to work in Windows2012.

I tested on two different machines, and always got the error:

heldendaten2013.txt - Editor_2013-06-14_13-09-05.png

The .qvw.log File says:

6/14/2013 4:08:15 AM:       Scanning Files...

6/14/2013 4:08:26 AM:       Querying FileList

6/14/2013 4:08:37 AM:       Fehler: QlikView Expressor dataflow execution failed.
6/14/2013 4:08:37 AM:       [ ^^^  402 log lines precede the following log lines (see 'C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Governance_1.0\profiles\default\QVX_LastRun\FullScan.messages.log' for full log)  ^^^]

See attached .zip file for details!

Thx

Roland

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The Governance Dashboard is not currently supported on Windows 8 or Window 2012 Server.

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable
Author

The Governance Dashboard is not currently supported on Windows 8 or Window 2012 Server.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thx!

Any information when this will change?

Now where we have Win8/Win2012 support in QV11.20SR2?

Roland

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Roland - I will check with product management and update you shortly.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

HI!

Any updates on this one?

Thx

Roland

Not applicable
Author

Queries on the dashboard should go to Mike Tarallo or Tyler Waterfall

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Roland,

Sorry for the delayed (and nondefinitive) response. Windows 8 / Server 2012 support is definitely on our backlog list but we have yet to fit it to a specific release.

Tyler

d_brown
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Tyler

Thanks for the answer but Window 8 / Server 2012 is now rolling out with vigour. I am obviously getting the same error as above.

Is there any other routine that we can use that will give us a map of the data in a system in these environments? I have tried to create a routine myself querying the Metadata in the QVW's based on MetaScanner but as per that routine I get everything except the details of Table Boxes etc. I need to create a routine that generates the information on remote systems, brings the data back to a central point so that we can track and trace changes and differences in our Applications and QVD's.

Hope you could advise.

Regards

David

Tyler_Waterfall
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately, I am not aware of another tool to do this.

One manual way that may work would be to install the Governance Dashboard on a virtual machine or an 'old' server or computer which is still running Windows7 or Server 2008.  The reload time might be long due to passing data across the network, but that might provide the data you need during the interim.

d_brown
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks Tyler, I will see what I can do but I guess I am stuck in that I thought it needs to be loaded against a server installation or can it be loaded in a desktop environment instead? In which case your suggestion would work otherwise I am stuck. If I can run the Governance dashboard then I am hoping I can use the SOE QVDs etc that it produces to extract the info I need to then forward on to the central server.

Regards

David

David Brown

QlickiT (Intelligent Technologies) Ltd.

Mobile: 07809 334000

Office : 01709 300230

Email : david.brown@qlickit.co.uk<mailto:david.brown@qlickit.co.uk>

Web : www.qlickit.co.uk<http://www.qlickit.co.uk/>