Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView to Qlik Sense

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources. READ DETAILS>
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leovalente
Contributor
Contributor

Dimension Limit: Works different in Qliksense and Qlikview?

I'm migrating form #QlikView to #QlikSense and finding a lot of frustration in the process

I have a simple table chart where I have two dimensions and a simple expression:

Month, Application, Sum(One)/Sum(Total <Month> One)
It works like a charm in View, both without and with a top 10 values dimension limit in the Application dimension.

When I migrate the same table, from the same data i got the same result... until i apply the limit, then the all clause doesnt' take Month in consideration, but all the values for "One" field.

How can I fix this other than keeping with ol' good QView forever?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Shouldnt' be any difference expression wise, can you share example apps in qv and sense?

Btw looks like you are using 'all' which is the same as {1} which ignore all selections 

Thanks,

Patric

stevedark
MVP
MVP

Hi @Leovalente 

The limit in Sense simply does the number of rows, rather than worrying about dimensions.

You should look at the Rank function and look at implementing the top n results using that, rather than the functionality on the chart.

The benefits of responsive design and modern look and feel you get with Sense will be well worth the effort of getting past the teething problems!

Steve