Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView to Qlik Sense

Announcements
2021 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Data Integration Tools. See why Qlik was recognized yet again GET REPORT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prasad_weerasin
Contributor
Contributor

server get hang because of unnecessary memory utilization

Time to time qlik view server get hang because of unnecessary memory utilization. Once its happened I couldn’t connect to the server via remote desktop connection and all the server function and qlik application can not be accessed. Pls help me to resolve this issue.

3 Replies
fosuzuki
Partner
Partner

What do you mean by "unnecessary" memory utilization?

Usually the server becomes unavailable as you described when all the memory is consumed. The root cause could be a lot of things. Some of them:

- developer using the server as a dev environment, runs a script which consumes all available memory

- apps scheduled on the server, when one or more run concurrently they consume all available memory

Try checking the server logs, they may have also give you a hint on what is going on.

prasad_weerasin
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Fosuziki,

Development environment is closed and only scheduled data reload executing every day morning. This is not happen every day. Once a week server hang because of memory not get cleared even through demand get reduced.

yassinemhadhbi
Creator
Creator

i'm facing the exact same issue here !!!!!

during midnight reloading , the server became unreachable  and i couldn't access to it.

for temporary solution. we programmed an automatic restart for the QlikViewServer using batch file.

but we are still looking for the source of the problem 

Best Regards
Yassine Mhadhbi