Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rafsan
Contributor II
Contributor II

How can I deactivate Authoring Experience Completely? It is messing with my dashboard design

Terrible Experience, My entire dashboard design structure got messed up.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rafsan,

If you are talking about the Simplified Authoring, the new design feature from Qlik, you don't need to use it. When in Edit mode, you can click on "Advanced options" and have the same design layout you had before.

If you decide to use the Simplified Authoring layout, which you can simply by unchecking the "Advanced options" box, you can keep the layout of your dashboard by NOT clicking the lock button on the bottom of the screen. The layout will only change if you click on the lock. If you don't, the dashboard structure will stay the same.

I hope it helps.

Luiz

View solution in original post

1 Reply
luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Rafsan,

If you are talking about the Simplified Authoring, the new design feature from Qlik, you don't need to use it. When in Edit mode, you can click on "Advanced options" and have the same design layout you had before.

If you decide to use the Simplified Authoring layout, which you can simply by unchecking the "Advanced options" box, you can keep the layout of your dashboard by NOT clicking the lock button on the bottom of the screen. The layout will only change if you click on the lock. If you don't, the dashboard structure will stay the same.

I hope it helps.

Luiz