Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jurii
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to filter using Keywords containing text values from the dimension Field in dashboard - Qlik Sense

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to create a filter from an existing column in a table containing string or text values?

The requirement is as follows:

Filter the text values which contain "web", "manager", and "front office".

Thank you

Labels (1)
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hopefully I really understand your requirement. You can narrow the filterbox with the same field. You have to adapt the expression according to your needs. Example:

=aggr(only({$<Field={"web*","Man*"}>}Field),Field)

Now the filter shows all values from the dimension Field where the text values begins with web or Man (webshop and manager x).

View solution in original post

edwin
Master II
Master II

its not clear what your are looking for.  a picture would help. 

if you want all three fields as your filter, you can add 3 fields in the filter object.  or (and ive seen this done before), create a new field that is the concatenation of the 3 fields and use that as your filter.  obviously youd want to concatenate it in a manner that makes it readable.  but i would rather just use a filter with 3 fields

Jurii
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you for support 🙂

6 Replies
eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Do you mean that the field has values like 'web', 'manager' and 'front office'?

If so, then you can put this as an expression in the filterbox.

aggr(only({$<Field={"web*"}>}Field),Field)

This shows all values in the filterbox where the values begin with web, for example webshop or webstore etc. It is case sensitive... 

Kind regards

Eddie

If this answers your question or solves your issue, be sure to mark the answer as correct by clicking 'Accept as Solution'. This will mark the post as solved and other Qlikkies will gravitate towards this post as it as a possible solution for their issue. Multiple responses can be accepted as a solution so make sure to select all that apply.
Jurii
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

last question and can I put column (2) in the field or is it not possible?
I need to define three names from column (2). The first is the name of web, the second front office and the last manager. I can export the data to Excel and then apply a filter only to those names and that's it. However, I want to set the same things directly in the filter to make it easier. Thank you in advance

eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hopefully I really understand your requirement. You can narrow the filterbox with the same field. You have to adapt the expression according to your needs. Example:

=aggr(only({$<Field={"web*","Man*"}>}Field),Field)

Now the filter shows all values from the dimension Field where the text values begins with web or Man (webshop and manager x).

edwin
Master II
Master II

its not clear what your are looking for.  a picture would help. 

if you want all three fields as your filter, you can add 3 fields in the filter object.  or (and ive seen this done before), create a new field that is the concatenation of the 3 fields and use that as your filter.  obviously youd want to concatenate it in a manner that makes it readable.  but i would rather just use a filter with 3 fields

Jurii
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

thank you for support 🙂

eddie_wagt
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

You are welcome! Have a nice day