Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timcorke
Contributor
Contributor

Scheduled report duration logs

Hi, I'm new to InfoQlik, QlikView reporting and am looking for some guidance,

I'm looking to use PowerBI to help visualise various activity on our IQ systems, specifically as reports are run whether they are failing, and if so, at what time are they failing or more generally, the minute past the hour they are failing taking into consideration blockage. 

I currently use a long winded way using email notifications on failures to identify the time and minute range that specific reports are failing that has helped to identify whether there are too many reports being run at the same time but I dont know without manually recording the large number of scheduled reports their estimated start and duration.

I want to keep expanding this functionality to help our understanding and removing some of the manual checks on the servers so am keen to know where there is a report or log that shows each time the report starts, how long it runs for, and if it fails or not. Having a view of these timings over time would be the ideal.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Tim

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Albert_Candelario

Hello @timcorke ,

You could check this information on the QlikView console itself, you have there one selecting each task by default the historical of the last 30 days.

If you want a more holistic view, then you might think on the QlikView Governance Dashboard, and the publisher sheet should be one of the most interesting ones to you:

Publisher ‒ QlikView Governance Dashboard

Cheers,

Albert

Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hello Timcorke,

Thanks for posting.

Is not clear to me as per the description what product are you actually using?

Could you kindly clarify so we can help you as needed.

Cheers,

Albert

timcorke
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Good morning @Albert_Candelario , thanks for your reply.

We're running QlikView server version May 2021 SR2.

Tim

Albert_Candelario

Hello @timcorke ,

You could check this information on the QlikView console itself, you have there one selecting each task by default the historical of the last 30 days.

If you want a more holistic view, then you might think on the QlikView Governance Dashboard, and the publisher sheet should be one of the most interesting ones to you:

Publisher ‒ QlikView Governance Dashboard

Cheers,

Albert