Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidmc1
Contributor II
Contributor II

Does anybody tried hardware pre-fetch with qlikview 11?

Hi all, i want to know if it will improve server response or even publisher reload time. We have hp proliant dl380p servers in our production environment, but we don't have same hardware in our development and test environments, so i cannot really verify behavior before changing production setting.

Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

check my post, David

please help build a new server - HP DL380 or DL580

I did extensive testing and you situation might vary but I ended up with the following settings

BIOS settings:

hyperthreading is off, Enable HW prefetch, Enable NUMA, virtualization is off, Power set to High Performance, Turbo Boost is on

And I tested all combinations of these options above, was not fun!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

check my post, David

please help build a new server - HP DL380 or DL580

I did extensive testing and you situation might vary but I ended up with the following settings

BIOS settings:

hyperthreading is off, Enable HW prefetch, Enable NUMA, virtualization is off, Power set to High Performance, Turbo Boost is on

And I tested all combinations of these options above, was not fun!

davidmc1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks for sharing Boris! Great job. I was following it, i think you have tried on qvs.

I want to know also what about publisher.

However i have dl380 but not gen9, maybe its behaviour will be different and i've been told not to try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry David, don't have anything to share in regards to publisher. I guess the only way is to test

Troy1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Boris

Most of qlikview recommendation based on best practice indicates to turn Numa off & hyper-threading on for "E5" cpu's. I am surprised you have Numa on and hyper threading off.

Can you please provide details as to what you saw in each test with Numa On & OFF & similar with Hyper threading ON and OFF.

below is the article that talks about best practice.

https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-2362